MARITIME MOTORSPORTS HALL OF FAME TO HOST OPEN HOUSE NOVEMBER 15
PETITCODIAC, NB (October 22, 2019) – The management for the Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame (MMHF) is pleased to host an Open House at its complex in Petitcodiac on November 15 in celebration of the facility’s 10th-anniversary.
While the organization was formed in 2005, it was 2009 before they had an “official” home at the complex, built for them with proceeds from government funding, donations, and fundraising. The complex houses the MMHF museum, archives, administration office, and a large multi-purpose room used for private and community gatherings.
The Open House on November 15 is open to the public from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and offers free admission to the museum, slide shows, and birthday cake.
A private, by invitation only gathering, will be held that evening to officially acknowledge the facility’s 10th-anniversary with remarks from dignitaries and a guest speaker. Invitations have been mailed out to inductees and supporters of the MMHF with an RSVP appreciated by November 12.
The 10th-anniversary celebration kicks off the annual Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony weekend when 10 new members will join the MMHF list of honourees on Saturday, November 16, at the Hotel Wingate in Dieppe. The dress code is formal and tickets are $80.00, available by calling 506-756-2110. Hotel reservations can be made by calling 1-844-854-8330 or 506-830-8330.
On Sunday, November 17, The Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame will host a special “Meet the Class of 2020” brunch at its museum complex in Petitcodiac, starting at 10 a.m., for a cost of $15.00/person. Tickets are available in advance by calling 506-756-2110 or, if space remains, at the door.
The Class of 2019 join 132 other inductees in the hallowed hall and includes:
From New Brunswick
· Paul Chenard (Fredericton) Automobile Art
· Trueman Copp (Riverview) Recreational/Snowmobile
· O’Blenis Auto Body (Boundary Creek – Mr. & Mrs. George O’Blenis, Allan, Ray, Roy) Motorsports Builders
· William ‘Bill’ Snowdon (Wood Point) Motorsports Builder
· Greg & Claudette Turner (Moncton) Motorsports Promoters
From Nova Scotia
· Joseph ‘Joe’ Baker (Westville) Competitor/Stock Car Racing
· Tom D. Borcherdt (Deerfield) Competitor/Motor Cycle
· Ken Cunning (Halifax) Motorsports Builder
· Bill Sheppard (Halifax) Competitor/Drag Racing
From Prince Edward Island
· Wendall Taylor (Sherwood) Competitor/Builder