New Hampshire Int’l Preview – NASCAR K&N Pro Series East
DJ Shaw – #60 Precision JLM Chevrolet
* DJ Shaw is currently eighth in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship standings with eight of ten races complete. He is 27 points behind seventh place driver Max Gresham and 44 points out of fifth place – his season-ending goal.
* Shaw has led a total of 19 laps this season. All those were led at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in June. Shaw started that race second, was in the lead by lap three, and remained a contender in the top-three until a pit stop at lap 81 changed the handling on his No. 60 Precision JLM Chevrolet. He finished a disappointing 13th place.
* In his three starts at NHMS, Shaw’s average start is 12th and his average finish is 19th. His lap completion rate at NHMS is 97.7% with 341 of 349 possible laps completed.
* Shaw is bringing a car he purchased from Jody Lavender, who runs the 88 in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. Shaw ran this car in the June event as well, and, under Shaw’s ownership, this car has never been raced at any other track.
* DJ plans to return to the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East next season.
DJ on his goals for Friday’s New England 125
“We want to finish at least as good as we run. I feel like if we had done that last time we would have been pretty good – probably top-five.”
DJ on his 2010 season
“We’ve been fast but we’ve had a lot of bad luck. I’ve never had a flat tire until this year and now we’ve had about six of them. We’ve met some of our early season goals like a top-five finish and things like that. We’re shooting for a top-five finish in the points. To make that a reality though we need to finish in the top-three for the next two races.”